Based in Somewhere on Earth... does it really matter?
Early Access Q4 2020
Pyramid Plunge is a lighthearted roguelike action pixel art platformer where you control an unlikely couple. Explore pyramids of ancient civilizations of Egypt, Aztech and more, filled with treasure, traps and deadly creatures. Find the exit, while protecting your paralyzed partner from peril.
It all started when I was bed ridden while still recovering from some unknown virus a couple of years ago. I had just read a book my friend gave me about Spelunky. The book mentioned GameMaker and I had been using Unity for over 10 years now. I decided to give it a go and I loved the new 2d game engine. After doing the usual small games like asteroids, etc to get acquainted with the game engine, I wanted to create a fun little game where you have to save your partner. The main action would be carrying her and throwing her to safety. The levels would also be procedurally generated.My Kids Loved it
After a bit more recovering, I could be back on a desk for a few minutes rather than in bed. Bit by bit it became a playable prototype. And to my surprise my daughters who were 7-years old at the time loved it! They thought I had bought it. And they were awestruck when I told I was making it. (The graphics were abysmal at the time)Multiplayer PvP Mayhem
As I was getting better, the game was getting better. At one point the kids suggested "what if it was two player?". And after some thinkering around to create split screen version, and hooking 2 PS4 controllers to the macbook, we realised it was great fun. It was incredibly fun to chase the opponent to steal his money or his partner to then put her on a death trap. It is still a daily thing we do together to play multiplayer, and it's always a blast!New Characters
At one point I hired a freelancer, Samuel Suarez, to create a poster for the game. And his work was incredible. He also made the main characters and some enemies new concepts. And I loved them so much, that we agreed on adapting them for the game!
- Save Felicie using unorthodox ways
- Explore an infinite amount of pyramids, as every pyramid is unique - procedurally generated
- Strategize on what items/powerups to pickup and when to use them
- Experience ancient pyramids and their guardians - 4 different worlds and bosses
- Who knew you could swim inside a pyramid ?!
- Compete in Pyramid of the Day - Play the same procedurally generated levels for 24hours. And then the leaderboard resets.
- Enjoy beating your friends in Multiplayer PVP - steal their loot or even their partner and hatch devious plans
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieX2020 Showcase" We've been chosen for showcasing the game at IndieX2020!
- "No quotes yet, but if you make a review"
- just contact us and, we'll add you!
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About PolyCrunch Games
We're games studio and we make games. We're also capable of editing XML files to make this awesome press kit. Just head over to Pyramid Plunge project. That's what you're here for ;)
More information on PolyCrunch Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pyramid Plunge Credits
Who I am is not important, but I do this:
Programmer, Game Designer, junior Pixel artist, admin... - ah well, an Indie dev
Concept Artist, Freelancer